Friday, April 25, 2008

As I prepare to leave for home...

As I prepare to leave for home, I am, of course, excited to be returning back to family and friends, and to a certain degree, to familiarity.

However, I am also sad to be leaving here... this country in which I have enjoyed being a guest for the past two weeks, seeing many sights, enjoying the food, taking in the culture... in short, experiencing India. Mostly, though, there is a sadness because I'm leaving my co-workers who live and work here, who I have just spent the better part of two weeks with or went on a day trip to Mysore with. I will miss them. Of course, I will be in contact with them, several of them probably pretty much daily during the work week, though even with e-mail, IM, phone calls and video conferences, nothing can match being together or communicating together in person.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to visit India and build relationships with my co-workers here.

Now, for about 26 hours of travel... Home, here I come...





(Comments are encouraged and appreciated any time.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meli said...

it sounds like you had a fantastic time!